We help people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement, exercise, manual therapy, and education
Typical patient journey
Chiropractic and Physiotherapy are most effective with a series of treatments so that we can follow your body on its healing journey. During your first visit, we will provide you with a diagnosis and develop an Action Plan for your recovery. This will most often involve in-clinic care and an exercise or stretching component you will do at home. Follow-up visits to our clinic allow us to monitor your progress and adjust the treatment depending on your body’s response to the regimen.
In Case You Still Have Questions
What is physiotherapy?
Our body has an optimal way to move. Poor posture, repetitive sports and activity cause imbalances to occur. These imbalances often remain undetected until there’s pain. Physiotherapists are trained in understanding, evaluating and treating human movement disorders and injuries
What conditions do you treat?
Here is a small sample of the conditions we treat. If you don’t see your issue on the list, don’t hesitate to send me a message.
- Sciatica (e.g., disc herniation)
- Sports injuries (e.g., runner’s knee, muscle tear, ligament sprain)
- Spinal stiffness & pain (e.g., back pain and neck pain)
- Knee pain (e.g., patello-femoral pain, ACL tear, meniscus tear)
- Motor vehicle accidents – MVA (e.g., whiplash)
- Foot pain & ankle pain (e.g., Plantar fasciitis, ankle sprain, achilles tendonitis, bunions)
- Shoulder pain (e.g., rotator cuff dysfunction, frozen shoulder)
- Hip pain (e.g., arthritis, impingement)
- Wrist pain (e.g., carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Elbow pain (e.g., tennis elbow, golfer’s elb
Do I need a doctor's referral?
No. Physiotherapy is direct access. This means that you don’t need a referral to come and see us. However, we’d recommend checking with your extended health (benefits) provider as they may still require a doctor’s note to approve your insurance coverage.
How long does it take to get better?
Once we’ve had an opportunity to personally understand and assess your problem, we’ll be able to give you a timeframe for expected recovery. If we don’t feel that progress is happening as expected we will work with you to understand the best course of action.